April 2, 2018 - New additional detailed Post Form Update Guidance now available.
March 15, 2018 - ODE recently published updated Special Education Forms, revised December 2017 and February 2018. Districts are required to use these updated forms beginning Fall 2018 for the 2018-19 school year.
Many districts have indicated they are interested in beginning to use the new forms in July, in order to coincide with the new school year. There are a number of trainings offered by SSTs regarding the new forms throughout Spring. However, we understand some districts would like to begin using the new forms earlier. Therefore, we are offering 2 options:
1. What forms will be updated? This forms update will include:
2. How will forms be updated? All NEW documents created in the system will use the updated forms after the form update. Any existing document already created will be unaffected, and remain in its original format. This is done so that existing information is not disrupted, and because in numerous places there is not a one-to-one mapping between forms.
3. Will my banks transfer? Yes. Existing district and user-level banks will automatically copy into updated form fields where appropriate.
4. Will I still be able to view prior documents in the old form format? Yes. All documents will continue to be viewable and editable in their original format.
5. How can I train my staff? ODE has published extensive universal support materials for IDEA guidance. Many districts are using these support materials for training internally or attending a training performed by their SST.
6. What if I have questions? We are happy to help both before and after your form update. Please contact the helpdesk.