User accounts may be added in the web interface at any time.
However, we recommend you bulk load users during implementation to save time by downloading (select your state below), populating, then emailing email@example.com.
State: AZ | IL | ME | MI | NE | OH | PA | WI |
The spreadsheet is easiest to use when opened in Excel. Along the bottom there are tabs for your buildings, users, and role permissions.
The role permissions tab is a read-only sheet that shows you which forms and permission levels each user in a particular role will have access to.
To fill out the spreadsheet:
- Open the spreadsheet in Excel.
If using another program (eg Numbers, Google Sheets, etc), the dropdown arrows on the users tab may not open. Please make sure to use the Roles
in the "Roles Permissions" tab to fill in the users' primary role.
- Complete the Buildings tab with the building names and building codes (typically an abbreviation of the building names) for your district. The building codes will help save time when filling in the Building(s) column in the Users tab.
If you are planning to integrate with your student information system (SIS), make sure the "Building Name" matches those in your SIS.
Example of Buildings tab:
|Building Name||Building Code|
|North Elementary School||NES|
|South Elementary School||SES|
|Oak Middle School||OMS|
|East High School||EHS|
|West High School||WHS|
- Complete the Users tab with the following:
- Last Name: of user as should appear in documents
- First Name: of user as should appear in documents
- Username: If using LDAP, make sure it matches the LDAP username.
- Password: Must be at least 8 alphanumeric characters long. We recommend using a combination of uppercase letters, lower case letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Building(s): Use the building codes from the Buildings tab, separating each building with a comma.
- Primary Role: The primary role column has a drop down list for you to select from to give the users the correct permission settings ensuring that the users see the correct students and documents. If the program you are using does not show the dropdown arrows, please use the "Role" found on the Role Permissions tab and not the abbreviation.
Example of Users tab:
|Last Name||First Name||Username||Password||Building(s)||Primary Role|
|Brown||Ebony||ebrown||u4#rC*3Lp||NES, SES||Special Education Teacher / Intervention Specialist|
|Jackson||Linda||ljackson||i1WcUpr%||EHS, WHS||General Education Teacher|
|Meyers||Craig||cmeyers||TQ@9aWj!||NES, SES||Partial Admin|
You may include an unlimited number of users.
- Add a user account for any staff member who will author or manage documentation.
- Add a user account for any staff member who will need to view documents (eg. general education staff, principals, etc) if your district will not setup a Document Viewer or Alerts integration. If your district DOES setup these integrations, general education staff, prinicipals, etc. will have read access to documents from within the SIS (eliminating the need for SameGoal user accounts).
- In addition to documents, Admin users have full access to the program (eg reports, add/remove users and students, delete/undelete documents, etc.). We recommend assigning Admin users sparingly.
LDAP/Active Directory may be used by larger entities to manage users through their central server. From a teacher's perspective, LDAP enables him/her to remember only one username and one password across all district services. If you plan to use LDAP with SameGoal:
- The username provided in the bulk load spreadsheet must match the LDAP username for each staff member. Typically, if Jane Doe has email address firstname.lastname@example.org, Jane's LDAP username is jdoe.
- Leave the password in the bulk load spreadsheet blank.