User accounts may be added in the web interface at any time. However, bulk loading users during implementation saves time.
lightbulb Tip You may add an unlimited number of users.
- Add user accounts for all program staff members who will author or manage documentation.
- Add user accounts for general education staff who may need to sign documents electronically during remotely held meetings or contribute to progress reports.
- Admin users have full program access (eg can manage users, students, district banks and technical settings, etc). Assign sparingly.
To bulk create users during district onboarding:
Download and open bulk-load-users.xlsx.
Buildings tab. Enter each building in your district.
- Building Name. Each building name should exactly match the building name in your student information system.
- Building Code. A 3-4 character building abbreviation used in the Users tab.
Users tab. Enter each user account to be created.
- Last Name. User last name.
- First Name. User first name.
- Email. User's district email address. If they do not have an email within the district (eg they are a related service provider employed by an outside agency), enter their best work email address.
- LDAP Username (leave blank if your district does not use LDAP). The user's LDAP username is only required when:
- LDAP/Active Directory is enabled for the environment, and
- The user is in LDAP, and
- The LDAP username is different than the user's email username (eg LDAP username is "bobsmith", and email username is "bsmith")
- Force Local Authentication (leave blank if your district does not use LDAP). Enter "Yes" when:
- LDAP/Active Directory is enabled for the environment, but
- The user is not in LDAP and/or should be authenticated without querying the LDAP/Active Directory server (eg instead use a password stored in SameGoal). This is common for related service providers contracted from outside agencies.
- Buildings. A comma-separated list of Building Code(s) that represent the buildings each user should be able to access students in. Leave blank for admin users (as those can access all buildings).
- Role. User's primary role. Enter the closest match from valid options below:
- Special Education Teacher - Use for Special Education teachers and intervention specialists. Allows users to create and own all IEP-related forms, as well as edit documents they are added to.
- Related Service Provider - Use for Special Education related service providers. Allows users to create and own progress monitoring documents, as well as edit documents they are added to (eg IEPs).
- School Psychologist - Use for school psychologists responsible for Special Education evaluations. Allows users to create and own evaluation documents, as well as edit documents they are added to.
- 504 Coordinator - Use for 504 coordinators who are not administrators (eg building 504 coordinators). Allows users to create and own 504 documents, as well as edit any document they are added to.
- Gifted Intervention Specialist - Use for Gifted Intervention Specialists. Allows users to create and own gifted education documents, as well as edit any document they are added to.
- Literacy Teacher - Use for staff responsible for reading improvement and literacy plans. Allows users to create and own K-4 literacy documents, as well as edit any document they are added to.
- General Education Teacher - Use for general education teachers. These users will not be able to create or own documents, but can edit documents they are given edit access to.
- Principal/Guidance - Use for principals and guidance counselors. Allows users to view documents district-wide by default, as well as edit any document they are given edit access to.
- View Admin - Use for anyone who needs to view documents district-wide. These users cannot edit documents.
- Partial Admin - Use for anyone who needs the ability to fully manage (have Is Owner privileges) on documents district-wide by default.
- Admin - Use for administrators. Allows users to manage documents district-wide, manage users, run reports and configure district-wide settings.
Return this spreadsheet to your implementation coordinator or local partner assisting your district's onboarding.