From time to time throughout the school year, an IEP may need to be amended.
To create a formal amendment:
- Visit the IEP to be amended.
- If the IEP has not yet been marked complete, mark the IEP complete now. Then re-visit the document.
- Click on the lock icon in the right of the toolbar and select Amend. This creates a formal amendment of the IEP.
- Under MEETING TYPE, check AMENDMENT (in addition to the selections already checked).
- NOTE: Leave MEETING DATE unchanged. The EMIS GE record will use the DATE OF AMENDMENT entered in step 6 below for the AIEP event date.
- NOTE: Leave START date unchanged. The EMIS GE record will use the DATE OF AMENDMENT entered in step 6 below for the AIEP start date.
- Make the changes required to the IEP in this amendment.
- Add a new row to the amendment table on the bottom of the cover page describing the changes.
- Re-mark this document complete.
Repeat this process each time an IEP must be amended.