This is most commonly needed the first year a district implements SameGoal, as many IEPs that are still effective will have been written the previous year in the old system. If these IEPs must be amended, a "stub" IEP must first be created in SameGoal representing the original IEP. This "stub" IEP is then subsequently amended using the standard amendment process.
To amend an IEP for which the original IEP was created in another system:
- Create a new IEP.
- Check the State reporting information only checkbox at the top right of cover page. Reason field is required (most districts use "Original in prior system").
- Enter minimal state reporting information for this "stub" IEP. Use all original dates and info. If student has testing outcomes of either Standard with Accommodations or Alternative Testing, the following section 12 questions must be completed:
- "Is the child participating in the Alternate Assessment for Students with Significant Cognitive Disabilities (AASCD)?"
- "Will the child participate in district wide and state wide assessments with accommodations?"
- Visit the Check tab to ensure all required information is entered and valid.
- Mark the document complete.
- Now create an amendment for this "stub" IEP using the standard amendment process.
lightbulb Tip New districts
- If the original IEP was imported as a PDF during district onboarding, you can use this IEP in Step 1. Mark the document incomplete, then follow steps 2-5 to enter information for the original IEP (refer to the attached PDF).
- If the imported IEP was already amended, the original information should be entered for steps 2-5, then the document should be completed. A new formal amendment should be created for each amendment done in your prior system before adding a new amendment.