SameGoal is associating all user accounts with a confirmed email address for the 2020-21 school year. You will see a prompt to enter your email address after logging into SameGoal beginning 7/1/20.
You will see a prompt to enter your email address after logging into SameGoal beginning 7/1/20.
- At the login prompt, enter your email address.
- If you have a district email address, enter it.
- If you don't have a district email address (eg you are a related service provider), enter your agency or work email address.
- Click Save.
- You will receive an email containing a link to confirm your email address.
- Open this email.
- Follow the link.
- Once you have followed the link, you will receive a second email.
- If your email uses a pre-approved email domain, this email confirms your login information going forward
- If your email does not use a pre-approved email domain, and you are not an administrative user, this email states that your email address has been confirmed but requires admin approval
- If an admin approves your email address, you will receive a third email that confirms your login information going forward
- If an admin declines your email address, you will receive an email notifying you of the rejection. You will need to re-login to SameGoal and complete the login update prompt with a different email address. Email tips
- Your login information remains unchanged until you follow all steps above and receive an email confirming your login information going forward
- Example: If you enter an email address requiring admin approval but have not yet gotten approval, continue to login as you have in the past.
- You will see a link in the update login prompt to Skip until 9/4. We recommend that even though this option is supplied, you enter your email as soon as possible. You will be unable to leverage features that use email communication until you do so.
You will receive an email confirming your login information going forward.
- All (non-LDAP) users: Login using your full email address.
- LDAP users: Continue to login using your LDAP username and password.
You can automatically reset your password after you have updated your account to use an email address.
If you have not yet associated your email address and are unable to login, contact your district administrator. They will need to update your email address, then send you a password reset email.
Local support partners typically:
- Have an administative account in the districts they support
- Have a work email address that does not use the district default email domain
When a local support partner updates their SameGoal login at each district for their work email address, they will login going forward using their full work email address. However, their email address will not require admin approval, as they themselves are admins.
Each district's default email domain, unless otherwise specified in its pre-approved email domains list, is the district domain found in the URL bar of the district login page.
Pre-approved email domains are domains which do not require admin approval when associated with a user account. For example, most users likely have a district email account, but some may also have an agency email account (eg @esc.org).
If many users have a non-district email address, administrators can set a list of pre-approved email domains in Settings > District Information > Details Tab, section "Pre-approved email domains". However, if the number of users without a district email address is small, this may not be worth the effort (approving these email address from time-to-time is low burden).
If your email does not use a pre-approved email domain, your email address requires admin approval.
A notification asking for approval is sent to all users with an administrative account. Once one admin user approves or denies this request, the notification is removed from the notification tray for all other admin users.