If SameGoal is integrated with your student information system (SIS), new students entered in your SIS will be added to SameGoal automatically each night. For example, if a new student is entered in your SIS Monday, s/he will appear in SameGoal Tuesday morning. However, there are a few cases when adding students manually in the web interface is necessary:
- You need to start a document for a given student immediately
- The student will not yet be added to your SIS (eg. student is PK, and will only be entered in your SIS if they later enroll)
- Your district does not integrate your SIS with SameGoal
- Visit Students / create new in the left menu.
- Click the +add link in the blue bar.
- Enter the basic information required, including SIS Student ID and Print SIS Student ID (see below).
- Click the Add student button.
- You will be redirected to the student's Details tab. Student and parent demographics entered on the Details tab is used to prefill information into documents when created. Users may also manually choose to update fields in their documents with information provided on the Details tab for the student.
If you do not populate Details
, no student information will prefill/copy into documents for this student. However, if you expect a nightly integration to include this information soon, you might choose to populate it minimally (student ID numbers and name only), given the integration will automatically update it for you.
The student's ID number in your SIS. Nightly integrations key on this field to match students in your SIS with students in SameGoal (so as to determine whether to add or update). If you do NOT know a student's ID number, or the student may never be enrolled in your SIS, you may use a made-up/temporary ID and change this field later if applicable. SIS Student ID must be globally unique (only used by one student).
The ID which prints to documents for a given student. In most cases, the Print SIS Student ID and SIS Student ID are the same. The most common reason for differences between these fields is when an organization uses SSN as a student ID in the SIS, but does not want this number printed to student documents. Unlike SIS Student ID, multiple students may have the same Print SIS Student ID.
assignment_turned_in Try it out
Create a new student with the below details:
- SIS Student Id - your username (and your favorite numbers)
- Print SIS Student Id - Same as SIS Student Id
- First Name - Test
- Last Name - Student
- Building - Test Building
Add the information from above to the student's details tab along with the below Parent/Guardian Information:
- First Name: Parent First Name
- Last Name: Parent Last Name