WinSCP is a GUI program recommended for connecting to your SFTP account manually from time-to-time and one-time uploads.
- Supported platforms: Windows™
- Connection requirements: Use your PPK-style private key (id_rsa.ppk) to connect.
To connect to your SFTP account using WinSCP:
- Download the installation package from the WinSCP downloads page
- After installing WinSCP, run it (eg click the icon on your Desktop)
- In the Login window, enter:
- File protocol: SFTP
- Host name: upload.iepanywhere.com
- Port number: 22
- Username: your district domain
- Click the Advanced... button. In the left menu, visit SSH > Authentication.
- Under Private key file, upload your PPK-style private key. Click OK.
- Click the Login button. This should allow you to connect to your SFTP account.
- A double-paned screen will open.
- Left pane: Directories on your local computer.
- Right pane: Directories in your SFTP account.
- To transfer files securely in either direction, drag them across the pane.