Document authors, collaborators, and meeting participants may electronically sign forms requiring signatures in SameGoal.
Electronic signatures are turned on by default and is a district-wide setting. Administrative users can disable this feature by following the steps below.
- Visit Settings > District Information > Details
- Check the Disable Electronic Signatures checkbox.
To enable electronic signatures, uncheck the Disable Electronic Signatures
checkbox. Currently logged in users will need to log out and log back in to see the change.
If electronic signatures are enabled for your district, you will see a box with a pen icon next to it in each place in a document a signature is required.
- Visit the section of the document that requires signatures.
- Have each signer answer any questions relevant to the signature they are about to apply (eg. granting consent).
- Click on the Signature field. An Adopt and Sign dialog box will appear.
- Type the full name of the signer in the Full Name field.
- Click the Draw Signature box. If using a desktop or laptop computer, use your mouse or trackpad to draw your signature. If using a tablet, phone, or touch screen laptop, use your finger to draw your signature. To clear and redraw your signature, click the Clear button.
- Click Adopt and Sign to apply your signature to the document. Click Cancel if you instead wish to discard your electronic signature information.
assignment_turned_in Try it out
- Add a signature to an incomplete document that requires signatures.