SameGoal is an application districts and other local education agencies use to manage Special Programs such as Special Education, Section 504, Advanced Learners, English Learners and K-4 Literacy.
As a parent/guardian, educators may grant you access to view and sign documents for your student. Access is shared via an email. Once received, click the enclosed link.
- NOTE: If you believe a document was shared with you but have not received an email, please check your Spam folder.
View the document. If you are viewing the document while a meeting is being held (for example, over the phone or by video conference), you will be able to:
- See edits in real-time - Parents see staff edits in real-time. Your screen will automatically scroll to the most recent field an educator has clicked in so that it's easy to follow along.
- Chat - A name card icon appears in the top right corner of the document for any user besides yourself currently viewing the document. To see the full name of each user, hover over the card. To chat, click the card and a chat textbox will appear. Type messages into the textbox and click Enter to send. If the user is logged into the application but is currently signed out of chat, a message will appear over the field.
Sign the document electronically. If your access includes both the ability to view and sign, parent signature related fields remain editable. To apply your signature:
- Identify areas in the document where parent/guardian signature is required. Signature fields are denoted with a pen icon.
- Answer any relevant questions to your signature in each area (eg whether you grant consent, agree, date, etc).
- Apply your signature:
- Click on the signature field. An Adopt and Sign dialog box will appear.
- Type your full name in the Full Name field.
- Draw your signature in the Draw Signature box. If using a desktop or laptop computer, use your mouse or trackpad. If using a tablet, phone or touch screen laptop, use your finger. To clear and redraw your signature, click the Clear button.
- Click the certification agreement ("I certify my name and signature are reflected accurately. I acknowledge entering a false signature constitutes forgery, which may carry criminal and civil liability.")
- Click Adopt and Sign to apply your signature. Click Cancel to close the dialog without applying.
If you need to re-sign or see a new version of a document (for example, if an amendment is made), document must be re-shared by an educator.