Keyboard shortcuts can help you perform common actions quicker on your computer. This is especially helpful when editing documents. A few helpful shortcuts on Windows include the following (for Mac, substitute CTRL for the COMMAND key).
- CTRL + Z = Undo
- CTRL + A = Select All
- CTRL + C = Copy
- CTRL + V = Paste
- CTRL + SHIFT + V = Paste Without Formatting
- CTRL + B = Bold Text
- CTRL + U = Underline Text
- CTRL + I = Italicize Text
- CTRL + SHIFT + PrtSc (Windows) = Copy a portion of your screen for pasting
- CMD + SHIFT + 4 (Mac) = Copy a portion of your screen for pasting
lightbulb Tip CTRL + A
is especially helpful to select all text if you are trying to remove all formatting in a given text box (as sometimes there is formatting that you cannot see - but the command does).