Linked accounts allow users who have a SameGoal account in multiple districts to easily switch from one account to another while logged in. Reasons to link your accounts include:
- Save time. There's no need to log out, then log back in each time you visit a different district's SameGoal environment.
- Share your user bank values across all your SameGoal accounts. Any frequently used text (bank values) stored in one account will automotically be accessible from any linked account.
- While logged in, click your username in the top right.
- Select Add account.
- Select the district for the account you wish to add/link. When you begin to type, matches will appear.
- On the next page, enter:
- The password for the account you are currently logged into.
- The username/email for the account you wish to link.
- The password for the account tou wish to link.
- Click the Save button.
- Click your username again in the top right. You will see your newly linked account in the menu. Click to switch to that account.
- Repeat the above steps for each account you wish to link.
You may add as many linked accounts as you like.
It doesn't matter which account you perform the linking in. Your linked accounts will appear in the menu the same for any account you log in under going forward.
When you used stored text in your account, any stored text you
store will be available in all accounts. However, each district's
stored text will only appear in the stored text menu when you are working in that particular organization.
If you lose access to any linked account from an administrator, for example if your password is changed or your account is deleted, you will no longer be able to switch to that account through the account menu.
Depending on the password policy instated by the districts you work with, you may need to enter your username and password for accounts that are linked before you are able to switch.
It is best practice to have a different password for each account you link. Should someone gain access to one account, a different password may sometimes prevent them from entering others (depending on the linked account password policy of the other districts you work with).