Districts using SameGoal Plus edition may capture document signatures electronically during meetings using Topaz e-signature pads. SameGoal detects when a Topaz e-signature pad is connected, and walks through the Adopt and Sign process on the pad when a signature field is opened.
Setting up your SigWeb supported Topaz Signature Pad:
- Download and install the Topaz SigWeb installer, Topaz Install Guide.
- Note: You can find the model information on the back of your device.
- Plug in your Topaz Signature Pad, view the System Requirements Page. Scroll down to You are using. Under Topaz Signature Pad you should see the Topaz Signature Pad that you have plugged into your computer.
Using your Topaz Signature Pad
- With your Topaz Signature Pad plugged in, visit the section of the document that requires a signature (pen icon).
- Type the full name of the signer in the Full Name field.
- Follow the directions on the Topaz Signature Pad to draw the signer's signature, and check the required fields. Note: The mouse/touch screen is disabled when a signature pad is detected.
- Select Adopt and Sign to apply your signature to the document. Click Cancel if you instead wish to discard your electronic signature information.
When a Topaz Signature pad is being used in a signature field, and an additional signature field is opened in a different tab or window, the Topaz Signature Pad will still be connected to the original signature field. A message will appear letting the user know that the Topaz Signature Pad is already in use. In the additional signature field, the user will be able to use the web application to draw the signature the same way they would if a signature pad was not connected.
If switching to a different model of Topaz Signature Pad, you will need to change the model number in the Topaz SigWeb installer
SameGoal supports all Topaz devices supported by SigWeb. We recommend the T-LBK43LC, and the T-LBK460-HSB-R.
Topaz Signature Pad Models used during testing:
assignment_turned_in Try it out
- Add a signature using a Topaz Signature Pad to an incomplete document that requires signatures.