Each document contains a "Version History" panel. This panel displays entries for:
- Document events - when a document was created, deleted, undeleted, completed, incompleted or amended
- Field changes (coming soon) - when the contents of a field changes
Each panel entry:
- Contains a description of the change, when it occurred and by whom
- When clicked, displays the document at the point in time of the change
Using the history panel, users may easily see how a document has collaboratively evolved over time and looked at critical points. For example, the history panel of an amended IEP shows the information the original contained when the entry for "Original completed" is clicked, and the information an amendment contained when the entry for "Amendment completed" is clicked. These critical point entries are bolded, to make them easier to find.
To view a document's version history panel:
- Visit a document. Click the Version History icon (clock) in the toolbar next to the validation icon. The icon will become highlighted and the Version History panel will open on the right side of the screen.
- When opened, the history panel defaults to displaying the current version of the document. To view the document at different points in time, click each entry in the history panel.
- To exit read-only Version History mode and return to the current document, click the Version History icon again.
To compare different versions of a document, click between panel entries. You can also open the document in two browser tabs, align the browser tabs side-by-side and click Version History
in each tab. Click varying panel entries in each tab to compare side-by-side.
assignment_turned_in Try it out
- Visit a document.
- View the Version History panel.
- Compare the information in the document at different points in time.