Currently, users in SameGoal view document validation errors either by visiting the Check tab of each document or by following an error message received when attempting to mark a document with errors complete.
Beginning 02/10/2020, users will have the ability to both (a) see and resolve errors in real-time using real-time validation and (b) view and resolve all remaining errors quickly using validation mode.
- All required document fields will be marked with a red asterisk (*).
- Any field that has a validation error will be marked with a red dot.
- Hovering over the asterisk or dot will display the validation error message. These are the same error messages currently viewed from the Check tab.
- Once each issue is resolved, the asterisk or red dot will disappear.
- Users will be able to enter validation mode by clicking the validation mode icon (check mark in a circle) in the toolbar. When the icon is clicked, it will become highlighted and a left and right arrow will appear. These arrows will allow users to go to the previous and next errors respectively.
- Validation mode allows users a faster way to visit and resolve all remaining errors in a document. The current error under review at any given time is marked with a red box.
- Once an error has been resolved, the red box and asterisk/dot will disappear. The user can then use the arrows at the top to advance to the next error.
- Validation errors appear in sequence if there are multiple errors for a field. For example, a required missing date marked with an asterisk will become a dot if the date was invalid.
- When the user has resolved all validation errors, a message will display.
- Validation mode replaces the “Check” tab going forward.
This update will be included for all districts; no additional action is required on your part.