June 1, 2021
Last Updated: October 8, 2021
Beginning 7/1/2021, SameGoal Pro Edition will include new translation features. These include:
- Multi-language document support. Print documents that display form and field content in both English and a second language.
- In-district and third-party translation workflows. SameGoal supports human translation performed by staff both within and outside the district.
- Non-admin users may request translation for any document.
- An admin approves and assigns the translation request to a qualified in-district or third-party translator.
- This translator receives an email with a link to a page in which to perform translation.
- This page omits fields that directly capture PII (name, dob, address, building, etc)
- If automated translation is enabled, translated content prepopulates on this page. The translator needs only to provide human review and edits as needed.*
- If a document needs to be re-translated (eg an amendment to an IEP is done), only fields which have changed since the last translation request will be included in the new request.
- If the form a document uses has not yet been translated at the time a document translation request is made, a second translation request will be made for the form itself.
- Once any translation request is completed, the link to the translation page and its content is automatically expired.
- Automated translation with human review. Depending on district policy, districts may optionally use automated translation backed by the Google Cloud Translation API. When enabled, qualified human translators need only provide human review and edits.*
- Note: Automated translation is disabled by default. To enable, visit Settings (left menu) > District information. Locate "Automated Translation" and check "Translate documents with Google Translate prior to human review". Admin users in districts that have not enabled automated translation will soon see a note in the accept/deny step of each translation request with directions on how to optionally enable automated pre-translation.
Language support. As of July 1, 2021 the following languages are supported:
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional)
* The U.S. Department of Justice and U.S. Department of Education recommend districts have machine translation reviewed and edited as needed by an individual qualified to do so. See Dear Colleague Letter