A single student sometimes has multiple student records in SameGoal that should be collapsed into one. This namely happens when:
- The student had the wrong Student Id in your student information system (SIS) for a period of time.
- You manually entered the student in SameGoal with a temporary SIS Student Id that you either made up (eg student was an unenrolled preschooler when entered in SameGoal) or entered incorrectly. When the student was added to your SIS, they were added to SameGoal via integration with a different SIS Student ID.
Collapsing student records:
- Moves the documents from multiple student records into one student record you choose to "keep".
- Marks the student(s) you choose not to "keep" deleted.
To collapse records for a given student:
- Visit Students/create new menu on the left side.
- Search for the student's name (rather than Student ID).
- Check all the student records that should be merged.
- Click the Actions > Collapse Student Record in the blue bar.
- Select the record you want to keep.
- Click Collapse.
If you choose the wrong student record to keep on accident:
- Undelete the student record that should have been kept.
- Repeat the steps above, choosing the correct student record to keep this time.