SameGoal provides streamlined document viewer integrations for popular student information systems such as PowerSchool and Infinite Campus. This generic document viewer integration is available for all other third-party applications (eg other student information systems, dashboards and toolbars) to integrate student program documents from SameGoal within their applications.
- Each night, SameGoal analyzes the documents in your district's SameGoal database and writes an epoch directory to your district SFTP account at /download/docviewer/epoch
- Each epoch directory contains two files: documents.csv, COMPLETE
- documents.csv has the following columns:
- Student Id - Student Id number for student from student information system
- Form - Document form name
- Start Date - Document start date
- End Date - Document end date, explicit or implied
- URL - Web address to document on samegoal.com containing an encrypted token
- documents.csv contains one row for
- Each complete document that is…
- Currently active (today is within the start and end dates of the document) and...
- Document is written in form type of interest and...
- Student is non-deleted in SameGoal.
- When clicked, the URL displays the document in a document viewer web page for easy viewing.
To use the generic document viewer integration with a third-party application:
- Email email@example.com to request to enable the generic document viewer integration.
- Setup a nightly batch process to connect to your district SFTP account.
- Download the most recent epoch directory located under /download/docviewer/
- Process the epoch directory
- Check epoch includes COMPLETE file to indicate epoch generation completed fully.
- For each row in documents.csv, write the URL to an appropriate location in the third-party application (eg to a database row for the student, or to a specic disk location to be read from by the third-party application, etc).
- Use the access controls/security framework of your third-party application to grant/restrict access to each document viewer URL.
- Some documents may be appropriate for your third-party application, others may not. Your consumer process may skip any rows in documents.csv