The PdfExtract program developed by SameGoal facilitates automated PDF extractions from third-party systems. Once PDFs have been extracted, they may be uploaded to SameGoal's servers via SFTP for bulk automated renaming and import.
Download the program below for your architecture onto a local computer with network access to the running third-party database.
- Win 64-bit: pdfextract.exe
- Linux 64-bit: pdfextract
Move the downloaded program to a location of your choosing. For example, on Windows:
Prepare to run the program. For example, on Windows:
- Visit the Start menu and search for "cmd". Right-click the top result for a Command Prompt. Choose "Run as administrator".
- Change directory into the folder containing pdfextract.exe (eg cd C:\Users\jdoe\Desktop).
Run the program from the command line. It requires two flags:
- dir - The directory exported PDFs should be saved to
- conn - An SQL connection string for the database. Eg: Server=jdoe-pc;Port=1433;Database=school.k12.oh.us;User Id=jdoe;Password=foobarbaz;encrypt=disable
PdfExtract will extract as many PDFs as possible for all possible dates.
If the system you are extracting from requires that you finalize PDFs or tasks in order to mark documents complete, only these PDFs will be extracted in order to prevent importing partially completed documents.