You may create new documents for:
- Students you have access to, and
- Forms you have "Is Owner" permission for
Your student and form permissions are set at an administrative level based on your role and building(s). If you do not see a student you have an educational interest in returned when searching students, or a form you need to create from the Students/create new dropdown described below, contact a user with administrative access within your district.
Steps To create a new document:
- Click Students/create new in the left menu.
- Search for the student you wish to create a document for. Click the student name. You will land on the Documents tab for the student, and see any documents you have access to.
- Click the Create new ... dropdown and select the form you would like to create.
- Click the Create button. You will automatically be redirected to the new document.
For many form types, the system will not allow multiple documents of the same form type to be open for a student at a given time. For example, if an IEP is incomplete for Billy, another IEP cannot be started for him until the current one is marked complete. If you try to create a new IEP for Billy, you will see a message stating there is already an incomplete document using the form. Depending on your access to documents for this student, you may or may not be able to see the incomplete document. If you require access to the document already in progress, please contact the teacher of record (who is most likely the document owner) or a user with administrative access within the district.
Users are able to create documents for multiple students at one time.
Steps Steps to create documents in bulk:
- Navigate to the Students / create new page.
- Select the students you wish to create a document for.
lightbulb Tip Search by student IDs to return a list of all students you wish to create documents for and use the checkbox in the top left to select all.
- Click on the Actions menu and select Create Document.
- In the Bulk Create Documents popup, choose which document to create.
- Click Create (#) Documents.
After you create the documents, there will be a message at the top of the screen informing you how many documents were created and if there were any errors.
Potential errors include:
- The student already has an incomplete document of the selected type
- The user does not have permission to create the selected document in the student’s building