A "Draft" watermark appears on documents when printed until each document is marked complete (with few exceptions for ongoing documents such as progress reports, as well as forms that require majority parent input).
Displaying a "Draft" watermark on documents until they are marked complete helps districts better communicate to parents and other team members when a given document contains all required information and signatures, especially when meetings are held remotely.
It also helps districts enforce document life cycle best practices:
- Once a meeting has taken place and all signatures are captured, a document should be marked complete (thus removing the "DRAFT" watermark). Documents left incomplete:
- Are vulnerable to changes after parent meetings
- Prevent new documents of the same form type from being created
- Prevent goal/objective copy over to progress reports in the case of IEPs and Service Plans
- Are not included in program participation tracking considerations
- Are not included in state reporting
- If a minor correction must be made to an IEP after it has been marked complete, an administrative user may still re-mark the document incomplete without creating a formal amendment.
- If a change to an embedded additional document field (eg for state reporting) not displayed in the official printed document must be made, an administrative user may still re-mark the document incomplete to make the correction without creating a formal amendment.
- If a significant change is made to an IEP after it has been marked complete, a formal amendment must be made.
If a district wishes to disable "Draft" watermarks, an administrative user must visit Settings > District Information > Details, and check the "Disable" checkbox under "Draft Watermark".
Unsure how to incorporate "Draft" watermarks into your meeting and document finalization process? See typical workflows for holding meetings
To view a document containing a "DRAFT" watermark:
- Visit an incomplete document.
- Click the printer icon at the top right.
- Select the document you wish to print (ie section, full document).
- Select Download, Print, or Pop-out. The "Draft" watermark will appear across all the pages.
assignment_turned_in Try it out
- Visit an incomplete IEP.
- Print the full document. View the "Draft" watermark.