To see a list of buildings, visit Settings > Buildings. These are buildings assigned to at least one student.
- When a student's building is updated to a building that does not yet appear in this list, the list is updated to include it.
- When students are no longer assigned to a given building (eg all were re-assigned to another building), the building automatically drops out of this list.
- If you see "(none assigned)" listed, this means at least one student has not been assigned to a building.
Multiple, similarly named buildings are typically caused when students (not included in a student/parent demographic integration with your student information system) are manually added to SameGoal through the web interface with slightly different building names.
This can cause student access problems if your district uses user groups.
For example, a user group may be configured to apply to "East Example High School". If a student is manually added and assigned to "East Example HS", "EEHS" or even "EAST Example High School", this creates a new, similarly named building not included in the user group. As a result, user group permissions will not apply to this student.
To find students in similarly named buildings and re-assign them to one correctly named, canonical building:
- Visit Reports > System > Students in the left menu.
- Set the Building dropdown to an incorrect, similarly named building.
- Click Run Report.
- Using the report results, re-assign students in this incorrect building to the correct building.
- Visit Students in the left menu.
- Search for the student. Click their name.
- Visit the student's Details tab. Update their Building. Changes will autosave.
- Visit the student's Basics tab. Update their Building (same as on Details tab). Click the Update student button.
- Repeat these steps to find and resolve students in incorrect buildings until all have been re-assigned to the single, correct building.