Document validation rules may be configured for forms throughout SameGoal. These rules help document authors to easily catch missing and inconsistent information as documents are authored, and increase compliance.
If validation rules apply to a document:
- The Check tab is found just right of the All tab inside the document along the blue bar.
- As a user authors each document, he or she may visit the Check tab to review any validation rules that have not yet been satisfied. On the left of each unsatisfied rule, the user will find the location links form > section > field annotated. To the right in red, the user will find the error. As the user visits the location links and satisfies each rule, the error disappears from the Check tab. Once all validation rules have been satisfied, the following message is shown on the Check tab: "There are currently no issues which will prevent you from completing this document."
- If a user attempts to mark a document complete while there are unsatisfied validation rules, the action will be prevented and a dialogue stating the name of the document, the number of errors, and an expandable list of error descriptions will appear. This indicates the user should validate the document and resolve any unsatisfied rules before re-attempting to mark the document complete.
- Not all forms contain validation rules. If a form does not contain any validation rules, visiting the Check tab will simply display "There are currently no issues which will prevent you from completing this document".
All administrative users will have the ability to override this warning and complete documents with errors on a document-by-document basis as needed after entering a reason.
Additionally, administrative users may also enable a district-level setting to allow non-administrative users to complete documents with errors on a document-by-document basis.
When the district-level setting is enabled, an additional button will appear in the dialogue box for non-administrative users which states “Mark complete with errors” along with a request for the reason the document with unresolved validation errors needs to be marked as complete.
To enable the non-administrative user override feature:
- Visit Settings > District information > Details.
- Check the Allow non-administrative override box. The new setting will be autosaved.
- Users must refresh the application by reloading the page (CTRL + r on Windows or ⌘-r on Mac), or logout and re-login for the update to take effect.
lightbulb TIPDocument validation rules include checks for compliance, completeness and consistency. When a document is completed with errors, this document may not appear in district administrative reports or EMIS extracts. While completing a document with errors may be required in exceptional cases, we encourage districts to complete documents with errors thoughtfully and sparingly.
assignment_turned_in TRY IT OUT
- Visit a document that contains unsatisfied validation rules.
- Attempt to mark the document as complete.
- Override the validation errors.